A few late night thoughts from a very tired momma
So…this is me in my new workout clothes from Lane Bryant. Do I look like a real runner? I was putting all my new stuff on and couldn’t stop beaming to Tim how I looked like I could really do this. Lol!
I have on an awesome sports bra from their website too. One of these days I’ll actually get on my real computer and share some research I’ve done on sports bras and workout clothes for plus sized women.
Today I survived my first workout on my Couch to 5K program. I downloaded an app on my phone that tells you exactly what to do and how far you’ve ran all while playing my music. Here’s some of my random thoughts during and after my run/walk…
– This isn’t so bad (after the first 2 60 second running intervals)
– I think I’m dying…as long as I don’t dry heave and cry like they do on the Biggest Loser, I’ll be great.
– Man, everything jiggles and jumps on me while I run. This is like twerking with Miley Cyrus. (So from now on, until the butt jiggles go away, I’ll refer to my workouts as twerkouts) lol!
– I kept telling myself to just keep pushing through it.
– I got chased by 2 dogs that were barking at me so I’ve decided I need a new route.
– This running thing is seriously going to be my new obsession.
– Bowdy is going to be so proud of me! (We always made the joke that momma don’t run).
– I sure hope the guy with the hay trailer sees this big ol gal in the neon green shirt huffing it up this hill and doesn’t run over me.
– Tim said my feet would hurt and after the first 3 intervals I didn’t even notice the pain.
And the list could go on and on…I ran 1.3 miles combined today! And I thoughts couldn’t be a runner…pssssh! Girls, I got this! Now I take a break tomorrow and do it again the next day. I have also been doing the elliptical for 10 minutes before shower and bed and I’m sleeping like a baby! I’m so anxious to weigh in Tuesday! I almost weighed early today but knew that would be cheating and that wouldn’t get me anywhere. Better head to bed, I’m exhausted! Have a happy twerkout!